Paragraph of the Week Descriptive Writing Prompts This ready-to-use resource includes 10 descriptive paragraph writing prompts. Use them in a paragraph of the week writing center or for weekly writing homework. Weekly paragraph writing allows your students to practice writing well-organized persuasive paragraphs on a regular basis, and make them better writers. Students will love the fun and engaging paragraph writing prompts, and you’ll love that they are getting meaningful writing practice that’s no-prep!
Included in each paragraph of the week descriptive writing prompt:
- 2-page, print-friendly design
- Brainstorming Section
- Rough Draft and Planning sections
- Editing and Revising checklists
- Editable final draft section so that you can customize it to fit your classroom procedures for publishing and turning in weekly writing assignments.
- Grading Rubric
This resource provides engaging paragraph writing prompts in two formats: a printed Monday through Friday schedule for a true paragraph of the week OR a flexible schedule with each task numbered. This format is perfect if you have a lot of short weeks or aren’t able to devote time to paragraph writing every day. In my classroom, we use the flexible version and complete a prompt about every week and a half.
**If you own the Weekly Paragraph Writing Bundle, this resource is being added to it!**
You may also like…
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
• Join my newsletter.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Copyright © Chalk & Apples.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.