Engaging practice for simple and compound sentences.
Use these task cards to practice identifying simple vs. compound sentences and joining simple sentences with a conjunction. Task cards make a perfect center activity or whole-group scoot activity. Engage students with these animal fact themed task cards. Each page of cards includes facts about a different animal (20 different animals included).
Includes 4 sets of task cards (20 cards per set):
- Simple and compound sentence identification (24 task cards)
- Choose the best conjunction to join two simple sentences (24 task cards)
- Combine two simple sentences to make a compound sentence (16 task cards)
- Mixed practice on all three skills (16 task cards)
- Student answer sheets
- Scoot directions & answer keys